Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thing 8

Today I learned what an RSS is...it stands for Really Simple Syndication. It's basically a way to check several favorite websites all at once. 

Lately, I have been checking several of my friends' blogs daily. I love seeing what my friends' adorable children are up to, reading my sister's hilarious and intelligent posts, and reading Bean's blog (yes, I do find it interesting. No, this does not mean I have aperger's syndrome). 

So, an RSS is my new favorite thing. I set up the blogs I check daily and it tells me all at once if they have been updated. This way I don't have to check out everyone's to see who has new posts. LOVE IT!

You can also add news feeds and other features. This might need to be my new homepage. 

Educational uses...hmm. I'll have to give that one some more thought. But, the fact that it saves a busy teacher some time definitely counts as an educational advantage in my book!

No comments: